Afternoon visit to Frensham Little Pond

 Frensham Little Pond is near Farnham in Surrey.  Managed now by the National Trust, Frensham Little Pond, and Great Pond, were created in the 13th century to supply fish to the Bishop of Winchester and his court whilst visiting Farnham Castle.   

 I first visited Frensham Little Pond when I was about nine years old when I was sent to Little Pond House, a childrens convalescent home.   Quite why I was sent there I have no idea, except I was always a very thin pale child.   I looked out for Little Pond House, now a Nursing Home, but did not see it.   I did not remember much about the pond itself,  or the area, but I did remember the pine needles on the sandy ground.    I went with my friend Angie as we have joined the Guildford U3A Photography Group, and this was a group outing. 








What do you see?


What do you see here?

Another hidden animal















What could this be?


































The last photo - take on our way back to the car park.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023