A few iPhone snaps from August

Just a few snaps I took on my iPhone.  I don't always have my camera with me when I am walking in the village, and sometimes things catch my eye in the garden and I grab the iPhone.

I wrote about the fourteen ducklings on the pond earlier in April and about the duckling called Ringo. Those fourteen grew and grew and eventually they all flew away.  So we were most surprised one day in mid-August to find we had another mother duck and her nine ducklings.  She is a also very good mother and looks very young.   Someone suggested it might be Ringo - so what in the feminine of Ringo?

 





As I wrote earlier, Brian and I celebrated our Golden Wedding anniversary in August.  These are flowers sent to us by my Sister Pauline in Australia.   A lovely surprise.


A week later I had a birthday, and these are flowers sent to me by my eldest son.



We have a largish plastic planter in the garden, just outside the back door, in which there are three goldfish.   I was so surprised one morning to spot this frog in it.   We have never seen this before. I fished him out and put him down at the end of the garden and thought that would be the end of him.  But no...he popped up again a week later.  So I fished him out again and put him in next door's garden where they have a large pond.  I hope he found his way there.



Baby ducklings a week or so after the first pics were taken - they do grow so fast.


Do leave a comment below. I love to hear from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023