Australia Trip - October 2017 - SAGPS Annual Pelargonium Show and Sale

Always, one of the highlights of my trips to Adelaide in October is the South Australian Geranium & Pelargonium Society Annual Show and Sale.   My sister Pauline and her husband Peter are members of the Society, as am I.   I love helping to set up the show on the Friday, helping in any way I can over the weekend and then clearing up at the end.    I know many of the members, so it is lovely to catch up with them and to meet any new members that have joined since my last visit.


Regal Sweet Spirit

  Setting up the Show 



Setting up the plant sale
Rodger Argent bringing in his plants for sale
  
My sister Pauline checking the quality of the plants for sale


Rodger Argent staking some of his Ivy leaf plants for sale

Joyce Gepp directs proceedings

Nearly ready

More quality control - this time Heather Heineke


Loraine Kernick and Rodger Argent checking his Zonartics










Larger pots on the floor




A good selection of Dwarf zonals
A table full of Ivy leaf plants

Paul Sabel won Best in Show with his magnificent plant of Appleblossom Rosebud
Judged by Marj Edwards and myself

The Sale



Marj Edwards and Loraine Kernick

Sophie - the budding photographer.
Plants purchased by a happy customer



Interstate and Overseas visitors
Janet Martin (WA), Marj Edwards (Vic), Ken Pilgrim (Vic) Lorraine Pilgrim (Vic) me (UK) and Mark of Marks Plants, People-Nature (Vic)

_______________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023