Winchester Cathedral - July 2024

 Another U3A outing with my neighbour and her humanities group.  Angie and I are not members of this group, but Sheila often has spare seats on the coach and offers them to me and Angie and other U3A groups.   The outing to Winchester was supposed to be for her group to visit the Ghurka museum and the King Arthur Round Table.  Anyone who didn't want to go to the museum or the RoundTable could make their own way around Winchester.  Angie and I decided we would go in the Cathedral as we didn't go in when we went to Winchester last December for the Christmas Fayre (which I didn;t write up about).  We then proposed visiting the Mill House.  Unfortunately, most of the High Street of Winchester was closed off for Freedom March. The coach had to drop us off at the coach park, which was quite a bit out of our way.  So, the Humanities group managed their visit to the museum, and Angie and I went to the cathedral, but we missed the other planned visits.







The Lady Chapel


Beautiful Alter Cloth 




Some very ancient wall painting

Windows from the Roman era





Beautiful statue in the crypt.  Sorry for the blurry picture.  I just could not get my camera settigs right!







After we visited the cathedral we had to quickly get to the coach park for our next visit to the Whitchurch Silk Mill.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ireland - September 2012

Polesden Lacey in February