RHS Bridgewater - June 2022

 RHS Bridgewater is the newest of the RHS Gardens.  It was due to open in 2020, but Covid put a stop to that and it opened last year.   Situated near Manchester in the NW of England, it was quite a distance to go and I would probably never have visited it but for the National Pelargonium & Geranium Show being held there.  As it was, the drive took us 7 hours to get there, instead of the predicted 3 1/2 hours.    I was lucky to have been offered a lift with Steve, the Society Chairman.  We kept being diverted off the motorways due to traffic and roadworks, particularly around Birmingham, only to find ourselves in very slow-moving suburban traffic.  

I found time in the afternoon after judging the flower show to walk around the gardens.  If you missed my Blog about the Show you can see it here.    I had read how lovely the gardens are, and I was not disappointed.  If you get the chance to visit, then you must go.  The gardens are two walled gardens, surrounded by meadows.   The planting is very loose and natural and very new, but in years to come the gardens will be stunning. 



Walking into the first of the walled gardens I found these white delphiniums. 




I loved the lean-to glasshouses.










I thought the recessed water lily planters a great idea.
















I think these dead wood structures will have climbing plans on them, but for now, I thought they looked like prancing animals.



Looking towards the entrance, the visitor centre and restaurant





Would I go again?  Yes if I could be sure the motorways were roadworks free.  Do visit if you have the chance.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023