Hidcote Manor Gardens

Last week my Swedish friends, Anne and Gunilla, and myself were invited to Fibrex Nurseries for the weekend.  I love visiting Fibrex, as many of you will know.   The family are all so friendly and grow the most amazing plants.  As well as my favourite pelargoniums, and holder of the National Collection of Pelargoniums, they are also the holder of the National Collection of Hedera (ivies) and also grow and sell tuberous named Begonias and Hardy Ferns.  There is also a collection of tropical hibiscus and other tropical plants.

I had arrived on Friday and the following morning four of us, Ursula, Anne, Gunilla and myself, drove to Coventry to visit another great pelargonium friend, Derek Lee.  We spent the morning chatting pelargonium and browsing Derek's well-stocked greenhouse.   On our way home, Ursula suggested we visit Hidcote Manor Gardens.  She knew this garden has been on my 'wish list' for a long while.  We all agreed we should visit and, as it is only about ten minutes away from the Fibrex Nurseries, we went straight there and had 'fika' in the tea room.

Hidcote Manor is close to Chipping Camden in Gloucestershire.  The gardens were designed in the arts and craft syle by Lawrence Johnston in 1905.




























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023