Trip to Australia October 2023 - Part 1 Adelaide Botanical Gardens


 At last, 10th October 2023 arrived and I was off on my journey to visit my family in Australia.   I flew with Singapore Airlines and it was an excellent flight with a five-hour stopover in Changi Airport before the onward journey to Adelaide.   My sister Pauline, brother in-law Peter, and their youngest grandsons were there to meet me.  It was wonderful to see my sister again.  We last saw each other in 2019 when she and her youngest daughter were here in the UK.   I was due to travel to Adelaide in 2020, but Covid-19 put a stop to all travel.  It was only this year that normal travel was possible, or at least, that I felt comfortable with.  

 Pauline had lots of trips planned, the first of which was a "SheClicks" meet-up at Adelaide Botanical Gardens.  For those who don't know, SheClicks is a worldwide web-based group for female photographers, and I have been a member for several years.  It seems there are very few "SheClickers" in Adelaide, but one lady did turn up - Katie - and we had a very enjoyable time walking around the gardens with our cameras.




This sculpture outside the Glasshouse is made from sheets of glass

The other side - you can see here the sheets of glass.

Very large waterlily flower - this one is a young leaf - an older and larger leaf can be seen behind.







Pauline and me - we are wearing official SheClicks tee shirts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023