Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens, Nr. Horsham, W.Sussex - September 2022

 As members of the Royal Horticultural Society, Angie and I took advantage of their 'Partner Garden' scheme, where various gardens around the country offer free entry to R.H.S. members at certain times of the year.  Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens, quite close to us just the other side of Horsham, was open under this scheme until the end of September, and we made a date.  Our Camera Club friend Anne joined us as well.   

Leonardslee Lakes and Gardens is said to be the finest woodland garden in England.  It is a Grade 1 Listed Garden, on a 240-acre site and was first planted in 1801.   Unfortunately, we were not able to explore the entire estate on our one-day visit.  So we did not visit the rock garden, Dolls House Museum, the deer park, or the rare colony of wallabies.  A return visit is definitely on the cards for next year.

The gardens had a sculpture trail when we were there - I've put their descriptions with the photos where I have them.  On the whole, I found them to be quite aggressive.   What do you think?

Shattered Remains




The Departure





Toiva Ya Toiva (Thought, pause, gesture)


The Passover
I did quite like this one, but what it has to do with The Passover I have no idea



Mould of Man 
(Why is he upside down I wonder?)





Early signs of autumn













Kungwini Head






Agapanthus seedheads


oooooOOOooooo

Comments

  1. Never keen on this type of sculpture art. However, you have captured them beautifully. Always enjoy reading your blogs. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023