Visit to Docklands with the U3A - March 2022

This was the only trip out I made with my camera in March, due to Covid!   Yes, Brian and I both succumbed to Covid - along with half the village it seemed.  Brian had it first and five days later I went down with it - on the day I was due to go away for the weekend to an AGM and a visit to my granddaughter.  Fortunately, I was not very ill with it and on the eighth day tested negative, along with Brian, on his thirteenth day.   A week later and Brian is only just beginning to feel better.   

I was so pleased I was covid-free to be able to go on this trip to Canary Wharf with the U3A.  I went with my friend Angie and we had a really good day.  We had been watching the forecast all week.  On Monday and Tuesday the forecast for Thursday was to be wet with sleet and snow!   The situation changed on Wednesday that it would be a bright and cloudy day, and it was, although quite windy and chilly.   It snowed just as I got home, but didn't last long. 

We had an interesting tour of the Docklands Museum. The building itself was interesting, being in an old warehouse.  I did find the section on slavery upsetting, but otherwise, it was all fascinating.


View from the window on the top floor of the Museum

I couldn't resist this - I think they were Chinese dumplings.



Old Warehouse


A buoy









Building work still going on here.




Old buoy marking a wreck





Roof Gardens



A couple of chaps sparring in their lunch break














Canary Wharf Station



Inside Canary Wharf Station


My favourite photo of the day - it looks like this building is trying to eat its neighbour!



Reflections

This was a floating Hot Tub  

They assured us it was lovely and warm!


                                ------------------------------------                                




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023