Broadwater Lake, Godalming 8th April 2022

I must have passed Broadwater Lake hundreds of times on my way to and from Godalming in the 50 years we have lived here, yet never stopped to explore.    What changed my mind was a member of the U3A camera group I belong to showing photos of wildlife she had photographed there.   My friend Angie and another Camera Club member planned a trip there at the end of last month, but sadly I was unable to go due to Covid.   Angie went again a couple of weeks later and I joined her.   Unfortunately, I only took my little camera - I didn't think to take the larger Nikon with the zoom lens. Angie confessed that she had done the same thing on her previous trip and was the reason for this extra visit.   So, be prepared for a lot of ducks (and I have not posted all of them here!).



We met a young chap who had just caught this large carp and he let us photograph it before he threw it back.





Does anyone have any idea what this duck is?  We think a hybrid (Answers in comments below please!)

The white goose on the bank of the island is known locally as "The Brigadier" - he is apparently quite aggressive.

This little robin stayed with us for quite a long while we took some photos and chatted.



This chap is often here apparently feeding the birds.   They seem to not be afraid of him at all.



Grey Lag Goose


A pair of Egyptian Geese

So, will I visit the lake again?  Maybe, but on a sunnier day and with a long lens.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023