Garden flowers at the end of July

I'm a bit late with posting this, but these are most of the flowers out in the garden at the end of July.  July was a mixed month weatherwise.   Some very hot days, and ending dull, wet and a bit on the chilly side, particularly at night.   

Sedum just coming into flower


This is Dahlia Bishop of Llandaff - it should be a much darker and brighter red


Dahlia David Howard

 Fennel

Lyly growing in a pot and placed in the border

 It's easy to see why this sunflower is named Teddy Bear

Acanthus

Courgette flower

White Sweet Pea

 One of the new Dahlias I have grown this year.


This is Nicandra physalodes, commonly called Shoo-fly plant, or sometimes apple of Peru.




Pink Sweet Pea


Hardy geranium Anne Folkard



 Rudbeckia growing in the front garden








Verbena bonariensis with honey bee

 Salvia Hot Lips

You can see how they got their name

Marigold


White Phlox


This is a new Verbena I bought when we went to West Dean Gardens - tho colour is a much darker burgundy

Buddleia - This is a dwarf variety

 White buddleia - grown from a cutting given to me by my Uncle Bill

 California Poppy - I found an old packet of seeds in my seedbox - quite out of date and just threw them in the ground - only two seem to have germinated.  I hope I get more next year.



 Another Sedum - this one has darker flowers and very dark foliage/

Hosa Flower - I think this one is Praying Hands

Crocosmia - or is in Montbretia?  I can never remember

Hydrangea - growing in a pot.


Some of the pots










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023

Ireland - September 2012