Garden Club Outing - Part 2 - West Dean Gardens, West Sussex

After our visit to the private garden just south of Petworth in West Sussex, we boarded the coach for West Dean Gardens, our second garden visit of the day.   I had been to West Dean Gardens several years ago and was interested to see if it had changed.   Although we did not venture too far from the entrance, staying only in the walled garden with its glasshouses and then the gardens nearby, I did not think it had changed very much from my previous visit, which must have been about twenty years ago.    We were fortunate that we had a beautiful warm and sunny day for our visit. 


The thatched building is an old apple store.  Inside it was cool with shelves all around for the apples.














Those of you who know me will know that this was my favourite glasshouse









Begonias and coleus (although I think they are called something else now)





































There is a new Head Gardener at West Dean and it will be interesting to see how the gardens evolve under new leadership.

Comments

  1. Lovely photos Gwen.. Look forward to taking a few snaps on my visit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023