Short trip to Seaview on the Isle of Wight

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Angie and I went to visit another friend on the Isle of Wight.   We travelled by train and then ferry. Gaynor met us when the ferry docked at Ryde and drove us to her flat in Seaview. It was a beautiful sunny day so we walked down to the front. It was Regatta week and everywhere looked very festive and lots of small yachts sailing around the coast.





















 The little brown boats are apparently made locally and called 'Mermaids'.








I was intrigued by the odd narrow wooden extension on the front of this cottage.  The cottage apparently was lived in by the local coffin maker.  I guess the extension was to store the wood for the coffins.


Comments

  1. Super pictures Gwen. Very lucky to have such a beautiful day! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023