Milestones Living Museum, Basingstoke

 Angie and I took a trip to Basingstoke with the U3A to visit Milestones Living Museum and The Vyne - an RHS property.

The first stop was Milestones.  The museum was fascinating with lots of transport and sets depicting life before and after the last war.   It was very nostalgic and brought back many memories.


Office desk

Anderson shelter - used in the WW2 - they were usually dug down into the ground with steps down.







Angie and I were obviously interested in this shop window






An old clothes wringer - I remember my mother used to have one when I was small.

Tin bath - I don't remember us having one of these.  







Detail on a gypsy caravan


Inside was so small, but so well organised.   I couldn't take a photo as it was too dark.


Train station booking office

School children going into school


More soon of my visit to The Vyne


--------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023