Bluebells in Cucknells Wood, Shamley Green - 25 April 2022

 April was certainly a month of discovering and exploring for me this year.   Cucknells Wood is yet another place I have never visited in fifty years of living in Shamley Green.    I had heard of it, of course, and occasionally driven past it, but it is only in the past ten or so years that I heard of the bluebells there, and this year they have been magnificent.  

So Angie and I, armed with our cameras took ourselves there on a sunny afternoon last week.  We found the entrance to the woods without any problems and we were definitely not disappointed in what we found.   The scent of the bluebells was quite overpowering at times.








You just have to love an unfurling fern


Some amazing creatures can be found in the woods.  He looks quite friendly.







I think the white flowers are "Star-of-Bethlehem"



I wonder where May will take me?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023