Lockdown walks in 2020

B and I have walked every day since the first lockdown.  We are lucky that we have several different walks we can do to vary them.  I sometimes took my small camera, but often it was just my iPhone that I took photo's on.  I didn't post them as the summer went on.  I took too many horse photo's which I have now mostly deleted as too 'samey'.   So, having sorted them through and converted from iPhone heic format to jpeg here are those I quite like.




Keep Fit ladies before we were locked down



One of the Village Ponds had become smothered with an invasive weed - Canadian pondweed I think it was called.  These lads have done an amazing job in clearing it all - now we are just waiting for the ducks to return.   They are going to clear the other pond sometime next month.


This phone box has been 'adopted' by some of its neighbours and now houses a defibrillator and a lending library.  The library was a godsend to one of us!





Our village church

What a sad sight it was to see the Village Playground closed off during the first long lockdown.  Fortunately, it is allowed to stay open now.



If I were younger (a lot younger!) I would have been the first on this rope swing over the small river.







As we approached we thought it was a zebra!   A lot of the horses in the fields had coats and face protection on.  Not for Covid, but from the sun and the flies.


This is maize growing - used for animal feed.










Another view of our Village Church
















In mid-summer, the grass on the village green became very brown

Whoops - someone reversed into the post box (it wasn't me, honest!)



This pond is owned by a fishing club and the gate is not often open.  Someone had just arrived for a day's fishing so I took the opportunity to step inside for a moment.  I hadn't noticed the Heron deterrent wires across until I downloaded the photo.




I just love this photo of the three pygmy goats all looking my way.




One morning we came across the farrier at work

Not the best photo (taken through the conservatory window) - but I spotted the woodpecker on the bird feeders.  I've never seen it this close to the house before.

The donkeys from a local farm school came on an outing to the village green




The road from Cranleigh through to the main road into Guildford has been closed for about a year now. The reason is that it is collapsing due to badgers making their homes in the bank beside the road and under the road.  So this photo and the following two show the method they have used to deter the badgers and move them on.  The trap doors allow the badger to exit but not to re-enter.  It is quite a disturbing sight, but we are assured this is a safe method to move them on.





This tiny horse is always so sad looking

A socially distanced visit across the wheelie bins from the family. They came to collect some plants 

Zoom catch up with my two sisters in Australia

This elephant hawkmoth decimated my fuchsia which was grown in a pot outside,  It's amazing how quickly they get through a decent size plant

Last photo - taken on a foggy morning earlier this month.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my lockdown photo's and I wish you all a very happy, healthy, and normal year in 2021.  






















Comments

  1. Great photos Gwen. Thank you for sharing your walks whilst lockdown happens in the UK. For us we have only experienced one lockdown that lasted 3 days.. We are certainly very lucky it has not been as long as you have all been experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that soon we will be able to walk, see family and friends, that normality will return. Interesting photos. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos Gwen. Thanks for posting these and keeping us cheery. Looking forward to your 2021 offerings. Graham xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023