The Giant Houseplant Takeover at RHS Wisley

Last week we went to visit this event at RHS Garden, Wisley.  It was a dull day, and rain was forecast, but we took a chance that we might miss it, and we almost did.   It only started to rain when we set out to leave the gardens.   Bonus: Not many other people there.

I wanted to see The Giant Houseplant Takeover in the Glasshouse at Wisley.  It was quite impressive but not as large as I expected it would be. As the day was quite dull, the photos have not come out as I expected and I had to lighten quite a lot of them.


Not quite sure what these were meant to be

You'd get a lot of G&T's out of this lemon - it was Huge










This is a four-poster bed












This spiral was made up of air plants.   Do you recognise the visitor?






He was there again!






 This is a Geranium - Maderense Alba - obviously from the Island of Madeira












A sure sign spring is on its way when you see the fern fronds emerging


Darkening skies approaching the Glasshouse





We made it to the Alpine House before it rained.






Lots of croci planted in the lawns





Not sure what these are, but the brightest of blue

In the Walled Garden

The House - when the new facilities are open, this will be open to the Public.  Not sure what will be housed in it though.


A beautiful orchid I spotted in the shop - too expensive for me though



I hope you have enjoyed this visit to RHS Garden, Wisley.  Please leave a comment below as I like to know what you think of my ramblings.

Comments

  1. The weather was not very good, but seeing this place is an attraction. Beautiful place from the outside, but also great interior. Watch yourself. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023