Meeting family in London and a visit to see Matilda





Imogen having her hair straightened with a very expensive straightener









Angels in Regent Street

Less impressive coloured balls in Oxford Street

The week before Christmas my niece from Australia arrived in London with her two small daughters.  They had a few days visiting all the usual tourist places and on Wednesday I travelled to London to meet them.   We arranged to meet under the clock at Waterloo, having told Karen she could not miss it.  I got a text when my train was drawing into the station that they had found the clock!   We decided on a visit to Hamleys.thefamous toy shop in London.  I had never been, so it was a new experience for me.  We found the shop and as there were two 'elves' enticing shoppers into the store, Karen took out Eddy the Australian Elf and took his picture with them.  Eddy is travelling the world with them and has his own Instagram page.   We all enjoyed Hamleys and agreed it must be a wonderful place to work playing with toys all day. Lunch in MacDonalds then off to the Cambridge theatre to see Matilda which we all enjoyed very much.   When we came out of the theatre they were all amazed at the Christmas lights - something they don't have where they live in Australia.  We made our way back to Waterloo Station.



WISHING YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND 
A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PEACEFUL 2019

Comments

  1. It certainly was a nice meeting and everyone was happy. I wish you a good 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day. I hope you will be happy in 2019.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023

Hartland Quay and Westward Ho, N. Devon. June 2023