Annual Coach trip to London in December with U3A

My local U3A Group organises a trip up to London each December.  Nothing is planned apart from departure time in the morning and departure time in London.  We are dropped off outside the Victoria and Albert Museum.  Some visit the V&A, some go shopping (Harrods is not far away), others meet family or friends for lunch.   For me, I like to visit the Natural History Museum next door to the V&A with the lady who runs the U3A photography Group so that we can visit the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition.  This last visit I made was probably my fourth.  We are always amazed at the skill of these professional photographers.   They spend hours waiting in very uncomfortable situations to get just one photograph.   You can see the exhibition photographs here.

I was not allowed to take any photographs of the exhibition, but here are a few I took with my iPhone outside the museum.


The Natural History Museum


I would have loved to have gone skating

The Blue Whale - the colour blue comes from the lights shining on him


After our visit to the Photography Exhibition, we have about half an hour to spare before the coach arrives outside the V&A to take us home. Rather than stand about in the cold (and it usually is quite chilly) we pop inside, have a look around the shop and sit and chat with anyone else who has arrived.  This Turkish tile display was opposite the bench we were sitting on.



---------------------------------

Comments

  1. When you think of all the great scientific minds that have graced the halls and corridors of the Natural History Museum, it is a special place indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023