Before France a visit to RHS Wisley Gardens



The day after Sandy arrived and the day before we flew off to adventures in France, we made a visit to RHS Wisley Gardens.    



The Hippo is back
x Burrageara Living Fire g


Paphiopedilum Desire "Bromesberrow Place"

Phragmipedium Demetria gx

Paphiopedilum Maudiae gx


Phragmipedium Peraflora's "Cirila Alca"






There were several statues dotted around the garden - I thought this chap on a pedestal was rather cute


The Alpine House - always looks good







Colchicum variegatum

Oxalis melanosticta

 

One of the winners in the RHS Photographer of the Year competition - I rather liked this

This was by Nigel Chapman and won Gold.  I went on a couple of Nigel's photography courses at Wisley this year - you can see his influence in some of my photographs of leaves.

The following photographs were taken in the new Tropical Garden at Wisley.  I love this style of gardening.


Look - a pelargonium: Pelargonium "Voodoo"

I'd love one of these bronze lilies in my garden



You can't help but love the zingy colours of coleus



Just look at the size of that pelargonium - it's peppermint scented "Chocolate Tomentosum"

Canna Leaves


Canna Leaf



The long border

The long border

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023