Fjords Cruise - Bergen


Pauline and I both absolutely loved Bergen, which was our last stop on the cruise.   As the Lonely Planet Guide says: "Surrounded by seven hills and seven fjords, Bergen is an utterly beguiling city...."    





These little passages between some of the shops were fascinating - notice the wooden floor boards.



You may have noticed in previous posts that I love gargoyles - I especially liked this three-faced king high above the shop front.


More passages


We met another old chap - we never did find out if he was a troll



Behind the tree in front of this building is Starbucks - home of delicious coffee and free wifi for thirsty travellers.  There was also a fascinating food market.




The fish market (and they sold vegetables here as well)






War memorial

















We took the Funicular to Mount Floyen via the Funicular.  I have to admit to a fear of heights so was slightly hesitant about this, but my sister persuaded me and I was so glad I did.    The views were spectacular
























We were down by this lake with its spectacular fountain an hour or so previously.


Our ship!



It's beginning to get a bit misty.



Going down

A last look at the harbour before boarding our ship for the return journey




We had only just returned to the ship when the mist came down thick and fast.


I had a go at stitching some of the above photo's together to make a panorama - I am quite impressed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to know what you think of my ramblings.

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023